STR vs SCO Dream11 Prediction & Fan2Play Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report: BBL 2021/22 Match 49 | STR vs SCO Dream11 Prediction Today | Strikers vs Scorchers Key Players | Adelaide Oval Pitch Report
In an unusual BBL season where COVID-19 has wreaked havoc, we will see a Friday morning matchup at the Adelaide Oval before the start of the fifth Ashes Test.
Adelaide Strikers briefly moved into the top five after a comprehensive victory over Brisbane Heat two days ago, before Melbourne Stars overtook them with a comfortable victory over Melbourne Renegades. Rashid Khan led the way with a brilliant spell of 6/17, but he is no longer part of BBL 11 as he departs for national duty. So, the Strikers will have to find a way to keep the momentum going and move back into the top five.
But it won’t be easy as they meet ladder-leaders Perth Scorchers. Despite their own challenges with COVID-19 and player departures, the Scorchers continue to perform, with four wins in their past five matches and 10 in 12 overall. Skipper Ashton Turner has stepped up in the absence of Colin Munro and Mitch Marsh, while the bowling attack continues to be efficient. Victory here will all but confirm a top-two finish for the Scorchers.
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Matt Short is striking at 156.98 this season, and his fast starts have allowed Strikers to accumulate a number of bash boost points. His 292 runs this season come at an average of 29.20, and he has four wickets to his name too.
- Short struck 63 off 47 balls vs Scorchers earlier in BBL 11.
- Jake Weatherald spent some time in the middle last game vs Heat (35 off 31 balls), but he still isn’t at his best. He has the most runs in Strikers-Scorchers matches out of the two current squads (266) at an average of 26.60 and strike rate of 125.47.
- Weatherald is the only player to have scored at least 1,000 T20 runs at Adelaide Oval (1,076 runs, avg. 31.65, SR 136.90).
- Jono Wells averages just 21.61 vs Scorchers since the beginning of 2018. He will be key with his experience here. so the Strikers will be hoping he can improve on that average.
- Wells has the second-most runs in T20s at Adelaide Oval, with 893 runs at an average of 35.72 and strike rate of 135.51.
- Peter Siddle has an impressive 18 wickets in 11 matches this season at an average of 19.83 and strike rate of 13.3. He will be out to improve on his numbers vs Scorchers since 2017, which read: six matches, four wickets, avg. 46.00, econ. 8.36.
- Siddle has the most wickets on this ground, with 47 scalps in 29 matches at an average of 15.09 and strike rate of 12.55. This includes a five-wicket haul in his last match at Adelaide Oval, vs Hurricanes.
- Henry Thornton impressed in his last match. He took 1/12 – which included the big wicket of Chris Lynn – and bowled with excellent pace.
- Ashton Turner is in terrific form. He has struck 69 (41) and 47* (26) in his last two innings.
- Turner will be aiming to improve on a poor record vs Strikers. He has struck just 185 runs in 14 innings at an average of 16.82 and strike rate of 116.35.
- Laurie Evans relished the role of number three in his last match, striking a fluent 69 off 46 balls vs Melbourne Stars. He was awarded player of the match.
- Kurtis Patterson has made three double-figure scores in his last four matches (27, 19, 11, 8). He will be aiming to convert a start to a 50 after scoring three-half centuries in his first five innings of BBL 11.
- Jason Behrendhorff enjoys bowling vs Strikers, with 13 wickets in 10 matches against them at an average of 20.00 and economy rate of 7.19. This includes 3/22 earlier this season, where he dismissed Weatherald, Siddle and Daniel Worrall.
- Andrew Tye has the equal second-most wickets this season, with 19 scalps in 12 matches (avg. 16.94, SR 12.7). Against Strikers, Tye has taken 12 wickets in 10 matches (avg. 22.33, econ. 8.00), including 3/21 earlier in BBL 11.
Stats and Facts
- Head-to-head: Matches 19, Strikers 9, Scorchers 10.
- Scorchers (196/1) smashed Strikers (146) earlier this season. Colin Munro, who is still unavailable, struck a century. No Strikers bowler took a wicket.
- Strikers are currently sixth on the BBL 11 table. A win today moves them back into fifth place.
Possible Playing 11
Adelaide Strikers have named their squad. Rashid Khan is no longer available as he will join the Afghanistan team for an ODI series vs Netherlands.
Englishman Ian Cockbain is in the squad. He has 135 T20s of experience, scoring 3,395 runs at an average of 33.28 and strike rate of 131.53.
Adelaide Strikers: 1. Matt Short, 2. Henry Hunt, 3. Jake Weatherald, 4. Jono Wells, 5. Ian Cockbain, 6. Thomas Kelly/Liam Scott, 7. Harry Nielsen (wk), 8. Peter Siddle (c), 9. Henry Thornton, 10. Harry Conway/Daniel Worrall, 11. Fawad Ahmed
Perth Scorchers have also named their squad. Cameron Bancroft came into close contact with a COVID-19 case a few days ago, so he is unavailable. Colin Munro is still recovering, and Matthew Kelly is also isolating as per the COVID protocols.
Perth Scorchers: 1. Kurtis Patterson, 2. Nick Hobson, 3. Laurie Evans (wk), 4. Ashton Turner (c), 5. Aaron Hardie, 6. Chris Sabburg, 7. Ashton Agar, 8. Andrew Tye, 9. Lance Morris, 10. Peter Hatzoglou, 11. Jason Behrendhorff
Adelaide Oval Pitch Report and Weather
A beautiful day is forecast for Adelaide with a top of 25 degrees and clear skies. Expect a good surface as usual at Adelaide, with batsmen seeking to take advantage of the short square boundaries.
The average first innings score at Adelaide in BBL 11 is 167.5. The team batting first has won three of four matches.
Note: The below teams are not based on the final playing XIs. We may not be able to update these in time.
Guys, if you’re looking for an alternative to Dream11, Fan2Play offers lower credit scores for 11-player fantasy teams. Check out and download the app here. See more below.
- Wicket-keepers: Harry Nielsen
- Batsmen: Jono Wells, Ashton Turner, Laurie Evans
- All-rounders: Matt Short, Ashton Agar
- Bowlers: Peter Siddle, Jason Behrendhorff, Andrew Tye
Scorchers to win.