FREDERICK, Md. – The Hood College women’s basketball team fell 67-39 to visiting Stevenson in a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest.
Inside the Box Score
- Marlise Newson led the Blazers with 14 points, eight rebounds, three assists and three steals.
How it Happened
- The Mustangs opened the game with a 10-2 run before an and-one layup by Newson cut it to 10-5 with 5:37 left in the first quarter. The play was followed by another 10-2 run from Stevenson to close the quarter and the Blazers trailed 20-7 after one period.
- Hood still faced a 13-point deficit, 26-13 after Jenna Davis-Hans scored with 5:27 remaining in the second quarter before a 13-3 spurt to end the half for the Mustangs made it 39-16 at the half.
- Stevenson continued to pull away in the third quarter, leading by as many as 33 points before taking a 56-27 advantage into the fourth quarter.
- The Blazers turned in their best stanza in the fourth, outscoring the Mustangs 12-11.
- Stevenson shot 39 percent in the contest, while Hood struggled to find its stroke, connecting on only 22 percent of its field goals.
- Hood held a 38-36 rebounding advantage.
For the Opponent
- Olivia Coleman scored 22 points on 8-for-12 shooting and 6-of-6 at the free throw line. She and Kellie Johnson each had eight rebounds, while Coleman blocked three shots.
- Aysia Ferguson came off the bench to score 15 points on 5-of-8 shooting.
The Blazers host Albright on Saturday, January 29 at 1 p.m.