SACRAMENTO — Fresno State won all six singles matches in straight sets, and each of the three doubles matches on the way to a 7-0 win over Sacramento State on Friday afternoon on campus.
The match marked the home opener for the Hornets, who dropped to 0-3 on the young season. Fresno State improved to 3-1 with the victory. Dating back to 2013, the Bulldogs have defeated Sacramento State on seven straight occasions.
Sacramento State used the following singles lineup in today’s matchup – No. 1 Maddy Ferreros, No. 2 Tsveti Yotova, No. 3 Weronika Ejsmont, No. 4 Paige Alter, No. 5 Megan Tagaloa and No. 6 Alexis Johnson.
The Hornets’ doubles lineups were comprised of No. 1 Alter/Yotova, No. 2 Ejsmont/Tagaloa, and No. 3 Ferreros/Johnson.
Sacramento State returns to action tomorrow afternoon when the team plays on the road at San Jose State at noon.
1. JITTAKOAT, Pang (FS) def. FERREROS, Maddy (SAC) 6-0, 6-1
2. MAGRINI, Matilde (FS) def. YOTOVA, Tsveti (SAC) 6-2, 6-2
3. FLAQUER, Cristina (FS) def. EJSMONT, Weronika (SAC) 6-1, 6-2
4. HUMMEL, A.C. (FS) def. ALTER, Paige (SAC) 6-1, 6-1
5. NONNIS MARZANO, C. (FS) def. TAGALOA, Megan (SAC) 6-2, 6-1
6. PIFERI, Carolina (FS) def. JOHNSON, Alexis (SAC) 6-0, 6-4
1. JITTAKOAT, Pang/HUMMEL, A.C. (FS) def. ALTER, Paige/YOTOVA, Tsveti (SAC) 6-1
2. NONNIS MARZANO, C./MAGRINI, Matilde (FS) def. EJSMONT, Weronika/TAGALOA, Megan (SAC) 7-5
3. PIFERI, Carolina/HUSREFOVIC, Ella (FS) def. FERREROS, Maddy/JOHNSON, Alexis (SAC) 6-2
Fresno State 3-1
Sacramento State 0-3
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (1,4,5,6,3,2)