RR vs DC Dream11 Prediction & Fan2Play Possible 11 Pitch Report: IPL 2022 Match 58 | RR vs DC Dream11 Prediction Today | Rajasthan Royals vs Delhi Capitals Key Players | DY Patil Pitch Report
It has been an up and down season for Delhi Capitals. The last match against CSK was a significant down, so will today be an up? COVID-19 played a role once again for Rishabh Pant’s team this season, as a fresh positive case emerged in their camp before the 91-run drubbing at the hands of CSK. They must bounce back today as they need to win their remaining matches to stand a realistic chance of qualifying for the playoffs (IPL 2022 playoff qualification scenarios here).
In addition to the uncertainty off the field, there has been uncertainty on it. Just as they look to build some momentum, they suffer a defeat to halt whatever progress they make. They have had a win-loss pattern in their past eight games, and if that pattern continues here, they will pick up a crucial win.
There is also a big incentive for Rajasthan Royals. Lucknow’s heavy defeat yesterday means that Sanju Samson’s team can move into second place on net run rate today, which can be vital in their quest for a first title since 2008. However, they will have to overcome the absence of the brilliant Shimron Hetmyer, who is currently on paternity leave. Whoever comes in needs to make an impact in the middle – a period where the Royals fell away a little in their final-over victory against Punjab on Saturday.
Possible Playing 11
Shimron Hetmyer is unavailable due to the birth of his child. The Royals could bring in either Rassie van der Dussen or Jimmy Neesham in his place.
Rajasthan Royals: 1. Jos Buttler, 2. Yashasvi Jaiswal, 3. Sanju Samson (c & wk), 4. Devdutt Padikkal, 5. Rassie van der Dussen/Jimmy Neesham, 6. Riyan Parag, 7. R Ashwin, 8. Trent Boult, 9. Prasidh Krishna, 10. Yuzvendra Chahal, 11. Kuldeep Sen
For the Capitals, Prithvi Shaw is still in doubt with a fever.
Delhi Capitals: 1. David Warner, 2. KS Bharat/Prithvi Shaw, 3. Mitchell Marsh, 4. Rishabh Pant (c & wk), 5. Rovman Powell, 6. Ripal Patel/Lalit Yadav, 7. Axar Patel, 8. Shardul Thakur, 9. Kuldeep Yadav, 10. Anrich Nortje, 11. Khaleel Ahmed
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Jos Buttler took DC apart earlier this season (116 off 65 balls). The Orange Cap holder (618 runs) also has a magnificent record at the DY Patil, with two half-centuries and a century in his three matches.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal made a successful return to the team last match. He top scored with a 41-ball 68.
- Sanju Samson has the numbers against DC that are reflective of his career. He has struck 280 runs for the Royals against Delhi at an average of 28.00 and strike rate of 138.61. This does include a blistering 19-ball 46* earlier in IPL 2022, after the openers put on a massive stand of 155.
- Samson has struck eight double-figure scores in a row in IPL 2022. However, he has crossed 50 just once in that time. Will today be the day?
- Prasidh Krishna was a gamechanger against DC earlier this season (3/22). This included a wicket-maiden in the 19th over of a tight run chase. He dismissed Warner, Pant and Lalit Yadav that night.
- Yuzvendra Chahal is coming off a brilliant spell against PBKS (3/22). The Purple Cap holder (22 wickets) took 1/28 against DC in a 200 vs 200 match earlier in IPL 2022. He takes a wicket every 21 deliveries on average against Delhi.
- Trent Boult has taken just two wickets in his past six matches. But, he does have some decent numbers against DC’s openers. He has dismissed Warner twice for 48 runs in 50 deliveries and Shaw thrice for 28 runs in 25 deliveries.
- David Warner has struck six 20+ scores in his last seven innings against the Royals. One of the IPL’s best ever players is striking at 156.90 this season, and is one of the top-five run-scorers (375).
- It has been a bit of a frustrating season for Mitchell Marsh. The all-rounder has looked good in most innings he has played, and has struck five double-figure scores in five matches. His top score is 37.
- Similar applies to Rishabh Pant, who has made start after start in IPL 2022. He has struck 281 runs this season at an average of 31.22 and strike rate of 152.71 without a single 50+ score. This includes a 24-ball 44 vs RR earlier this season.
- Pant has magnificent numbers against the Royals: 8 inns, 344 runs, avg. 57.33, SR 166.99.
- Rovman Powell has smashed 138 runs off his last 81 deliveries, including a 15-ball 36* against RR. The Royals have the second-worst economy rate at the death this season (11.70), so Powell could be key.
- RR were a little shaky in the middle overs against Punjab. This is where Khaleel Ahmed can make an impact. The left-armer has taken seven wickets in 54 deliveries between overs 7-15 in IPL 2022. This is part of 16 wickets in eight matches this season.
- Shardul Thakur has dismissed Devdutt Padikkal thrice in 22 deliveries in T20s.
Other Stats and Facts
- Head-to-head: Matches 25, RR 13, DC 12.
- RR (222/2) beat DC (207/8) in a high-scoring thriller earlier in IPL 2022.
- If Warner gets through the initial overs, watch out. He has excellent numbers against Chahal in T20s: 76 balls faced, 128 runs scored, one dismissal.
- Since the start of IPL 2021, Jaiswal has struck 223 runs at an strike rate of 142.03 in the powerplay.
- Jos Buttler struck 34 off 11 balls against Kuldeep Yadav earlier this season. Before that game, Kuldeep had figures of 2/36 in 35 balls vs Buttler in T20s.
- Mitch Marsh has taken a wicket in his last two matches and has excellent batting numbers in T20s since the start of 2021: 44 inns, 1,280 runs, avg. 38.78, SR 138.22.
DY Patil Pitch Report and Weather
The pitches at the DY Patil have been a little two-paced in recent matches. The team batting first has won the past two matches, with CSK smashing 208/6 before KKR beat MI after scoring 165/9. KKR did look good for many more, but Bumrah had other ideas with 5/10.
Another warm evening is forecast, with some dew likely.
RR vs DC Dream11 Prediction 11 May 2022
Note: The below teams are not based on the final playing XIs. We may not be able to update these in time. Use the stats and commentary in this article as well as your own instincts to create your teams.
Guys, if you’re looking for an alternative to Dream11, Fan2Play offers lower credit scores for 11-player fantasy teams. Check out and download the app here. See more below.
- Wicket-keepers: Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson, Rishabh Pant
- Batsmen: David Warner
- All-rounders: R Ashwin, Mitch Marsh
- Bowlers: Yuzvendra Chahal, Khaleel Ahmed
Team batting first to win? A total of 170+ batting first will be a tough chase.