CSK vs MI Dream11 Prediction & Fan2Play Possible 11 Pitch Report: IPL 2022 Match 59 | CSK vs MI Dream11 Prediction Today | Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians Key Players | Wankhede Pitch Report
Only pride is on the line for the Mumbai Indians, but you know the Wankhede will still be rocking. Chennai Super Kings have a tiny ray of hope left, especially given Rajasthan’s loss to Delhi yesterday. So, the CSK fans will definitely be rocking.
No matter where these two old rivals are placed on the IPL 2022 table, the IPL El Classico is always a significant occasion. It was the case the last time these two teams met earlier this season, where MS Dhoni rescued CSK with some trademark finishing to send DY Patil and social media into raptures.
Now, with MI officially knocked out, all they can do is aim to take CSK with them. Given the rivalry between the teams, that is quite the motivation, and Jasprit Bumrah is coming off a magnificent 5/10 that he will want to build on. MS Dhoni’s team must win all their remaining three matches to stand a chance at a miracle qualification, and with the incredible form of Devon Conway and talent sprinkled throughout their team, anything is possible.
Possible Playing 11
A rib injury has ended Ravindra Jadeja’s IPL 2022 campaign. He sustained it two games ago against RCB.
Chennai Super Kings: 1. Ruturaj Gaikwad, 2. Devon Conway, 3. Moeen Ali, 4. Robin Uthappa, 5. Shivam Dube, 6. Ambati Rayudu, 7. MS Dhoni (c & wk), 8. Dwayne Bravo, 9. Simarjeet Singh, 10. Maheesh Theekshana, 11. Mukesh Choudhary
Suryakumar Yadav is also out of IPL 2022 due to a forearm injury sustained against Gujarat.
Mumbai Indians: 1. Rohit Sharma (c), 2. Ishan Kishan (wk), 3. Tilak Varma, 4. Tristan Stubbs/Ramandeep Singh, 5. Tim David, 6. Kieron Pollard, 7. Daniel Sams, 8. Hrithik Shokeen, 9. Kumar Kartikeya, 10. Jasprit Bumrah, 11. Basil Thampi/Riley Meredith
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
Chennai Super Kings:
- Devon Conway has belted three half-centuries in a row: 87 (49), 56 (37) and 85 (55). He has been particularly brutal on spinners, with 114 runs at a strike rate of 196.55 and just one dismissal.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad has a score of 88 vs MI, but just four runs in his remaining three innings against them. He has struck some form in recent matches, with scores of 30, 99, 28 and 41 in his last four outings.
- Moeen Ali took 3/13 in his last match vs DC, and he could be key today with left-handers Ishan Kishan and Tilak Varma in MI’s top three. Also, Moeen smashed 58 off 36 against MI on this ground last season.
- Ambati Rayudu could be the gamechanger in this match. He has scored 296 runs in 11 innings vs MI since the start of 2017 at an average of 37.00 and strike rate of 137.67. He is also one of three players to have 1,000+ runs at the Wankhede.
- Dwayne Bravo has the most wickets in MI-CSK matches. The impressive Bravo has taken 32 wickets in 20 matches vs MI, including 2/36 earlier this season. Also, no bowler has taken more wickets at the death this season than the West Indian (11).
- Also, CSK could look to use Bravo early. He has dismissed Rohit five times in 72 deliveries in the IPL for a total of 82 runs.
- Mukesh Choudhary ripped MI apart earlier this season. The left-armer took 3/19, including the wickets of both openers Rohit and Ishan.
- Ishan Kishan has found some form. The left-hander has struck 51 and 45 in his last two games. Also, he has scored 170 runs against CSK at an average of 34.00 and strike rate 126.87.
- However, can Ishan turn around a poor record at the Wankhede? He has scored 242 runs in 13 innings on this ground at an average of 18.62 and strike rate of 138.29.
- Tilak Varma missed out last game vs KKR (6), but that doesn’t take away from his brilliant season: 11 innings, 334 runs, avg. 37.11, SR 136.32. He is MI’s leading scorer in IPL 2022.
- Kieron Pollard has struggled with the bat this season, but he could be key with the ball today. He has dismissed Conway thrice in 17 balls (17 runs), Uthappa thrice in 32 balls (42 runs) and Moeen twice in 25 balls (25 runs).
- Daniel Sams will be key up-front. He dismissed Gaikwad first ball in their earlier meeting in IPL 2022. In fact, Gaikwad has been dismissed nine times by left-arm seam in just 127 deliveries in the IPL (avg. 18.3, SR 129.9).
- Sams took 4/30 against CSK earlier this season. In addition to Gaikwad, he also dismissed Dube and Rayudu.
- Jasprit Bumrah took five wickets in his first 10 matches this season, and then took a brilliant 5/10 vs KKR. He will be aiming to improve on his record vs CSK, which reads: 13 inns, 11 wickets, avg. 36.64, econ. 7.95.
- Bumrah has the third-most wickets at the Wankhede (39, SR 21.69). He has dismissed Uthappa twice in 40 deliveries for 54 runs, Rayudu twice in 38 deliveries for 54 runs and Dube twice in 17 deliveries for 10 runs.
Other Stats and Facts
- Head-to-head: Matches 34, MI 20, CSK 15.
- Rohit Sharma has the most runs for MI against CSK: 693 runs, avg. 30.13, SR 128.33. Also, he has the most runs of any player the Wankhede (1,990, avg. 35.54), with his last six scores reading: 39, 71, 55, 24, 28 and 47
- Dwayne Bravo vs Kieron Pollard in T20s: 168 balls bowled, 265 runs scored, 10 dismissals.
- Bravo has taken five wickets in two matches at Wankhede this season.
- Maheesh Theekshana has taken six wickets in the powerplay this season, the most of any spinner.
Wankhede Stadium Pitch Report and Weather
There have been three 190+ scores in the last four matches at the Wankhede. The team batting first and second have won two matches each in this time. In this game, chasing may be the way to go with some dew around.
CSK vs MI Dream11 Prediction 12 May 2022
Note: The below teams are not based on the final playing XIs. We may not be able to update these in time. Use the stats and commentary in this article as well as your own instincts to create your teams.
Guys, if you’re looking for an alternative to Dream11, Fan2Play offers lower credit scores for 11-player fantasy teams. Check out and download the app here. See more below.
- Wicket-keepers: Ishan Kishan
- Batsmen: Devon Conway, Tilak Varma
- All-rounders: Moeen Ali, Daniel Sams
- Bowlers: Dwayne Bravo, Jasprit Bumrah
CSK have more to play for, but this doesn’t mean MI can’t deliver the goods. The chasing team will likely win this one, particularly if the team batting first scores under 170.