Rumour Has It: Arsenal plan £75million push for Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo
Arsenal are reportedly weighing up a potential £75million bid for young Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder Moises Caicedo.
Caicedo, 21, has been one of the breakout stars of the Premier League season, starting 18 of Brighton’s 19 league fixtures to help his side up to sixth.
The talented central midfielder has already earned 28 caps for Ecuador and collected valuable experience at the Qatar World Cup, where he scored against Senegal in the group stage.
Brighton have rejected some serious bids already this month, and while they have reportedly set Caicedo’s price at nine figures, Arsenal are prepared to test how much money they are willing to turn down.
TOP STORY – ARSENAL PREPARE BUMPER BID FOR BRIGHTON TALENT
According to Fichajes, Arsenal are determined to add reinforcements before the end of January, and they will see if £75m is enough to pry Caicedo away from Brighton.
Metro had previously reported Brighton would hold out for a fee in the range of £100m, having already batted away a £50m approach from Chelsea.
Fichajes believes Arsenal are willing to outspend Chelsea in the pursuit of Caicedo, which has them in the driver’s seat if Brighton are willing to budge before the transfer window closes.
– According to the Daily Telegraph, Chelsea and Liverpool will both pursue 24-year-old Wolves midfielder Matheus Nunes, who is expected to cost £55m.
– 90min is reporting Tottenham are confident they will complete their move for 23-year-old Sporting right-back Pedro Porro in the coming days after negotiations over his release clause.
– 90min adds Sporting will target 22-year-old Brighton full-back Tariq Lamptey as Porro’s replacement, although Lyon are also interested in the Seagulls defender.
– Everton have lowered their asking price for Anthony Gordon to £40m plus add-ons after their initial £60m valuation put off Newcastle United, per the Telegraph.
– Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting Inter will demand £35m (€40m) for 26-year-old right-back Denzel Dumfries, who is a target of Chelsea, Newcastle and Manchester United.