Configuring your Binance account – Other – 23 May 2023
Getting API keys
To connect to the exchange Binance from a third-party application (in our case, from the terminal MetaTrader 5), you must create an API-key.
To do this:
- Sign up for Binance if you haven’t already.
Use my referral link to get a 10% discount on commissions:
Or just insert 22850273 in the ‘Referral ID’ field during registration:
- Go to your personal area at https://www.binance.com/
- Activate two-factor authentication (2FA) if it is not active.
- Verify your account if you haven’t done it before.
- If you haven’t traded futures on Binance before, go to USD-M Futures and activate trading:
- Go to the “API Management” section:
- Enter a name for the key that you understand and click “API created”:
- Pass the security check with registered 2FA devices:
- Save the API Key and Secret Key to a safe place. If you forget your Secret Key, you will need to delete the current API connection and create a new one:
- Click “Edit Restrictions”, and select the features you plan to use:
- Save the changes.
Congratulations! Your API keys are ready to use.
Do not tell anyone your API-key to avoid losing money!
If you are going to trade BUSD pairs (with a lower commission), and you want to use both currencies (USDT and BUSD) as margin, once again go to the futures trading section and enable multi-asset mode:
Congratulations! The Binance account configuration is now complete!