IND vs AUS 1st ODI Dream11 Prediction Possible 11 Pitch Report | IND vs AUS 1st ODI Dream11 Prediction Today | Mohali Pitch Report
The World Cup is right on the doorstep, and now it’s about fine-tuning plans ahead of the showpiece tournament. India and Australia, two great rivals, will meet on October 8 in a huge World Cup clash, but before then there is the opportunity to build form and confidence in these three ODIs.
Australia’s injury concerns have been in the headlines in recent weeks. Travis Head’s serious hand injury is a blow in particular. Also, Glenn Maxwell and Mitchell Starc will miss this ODI, but the impending return of Steve Smith and Pat Cummins serves as a boost after Australia missed the opportunity to achieve a series win in South Africa.
Team balance, particularly how Australia can fit Smith and Marnus Labuschagne in the same XI, is high on the agenda. India also have similar goals, with runs for Shreyas Iyer key ahead of a World Cup where he is expected to be an important player. But, India’s bowling attack looks strong, fresh off a Mohammed Siraj-led demolition of India in the Asia Cup Final.
IND vs AUS 1st ODI 2023 Possible Playing XIs
Suryakumar Yadav, who was picked over Sanju Samson, is under pressure to perform in ODIs. He made three golden ducks in the series against Australia earlier this year.
India: 1. Ishan Kishan, 2. Shubman Gill, 3. Shreyas Iyer, 4. Suryakumar Yadav, 5. KL Rahul (c & wk), 6. Ravindra Jadeja, 7. Washington Sundar, 8. R Ashwin, 9. Mohammed Shami, 10. Mohammed Siraj/Shardul Thakur, 11. Jasprit Bumrah
Australia have their injury concerns. Glenn Maxwell and Mitchell Starc are unavailable. Pat Cummins could play and Steve Smith is set to return.
Australia: 1. David Warner, 2. Mitchell Marsh, 3. Steve Smith, 4. Marnus Labuschagne, 5. Alex Carey (wk), 6. Cameron Green, 7. Marcus Stoinis, 8. Pat Cummins (c), 9. Spencer Johnson/Tanveer Sangha, 10. Adam Zampa, 11. Josh Hazlewood
IND vs AUS 1st ODI Dream11 Prediction – Fantasy Tips
- Shubman Gill has struck 1,739 runs in 33 ODIs at an average of 64.40. He did have a quiet series against Australia earlier this year (3 inns, 57 runs), so he will be raring to go.
- It’s a big series for Shreyas Iyer. He has scored just 114 runs in six matches against Australia, but he has done well at number four in ODIs: 21 inns, 819 runs, avg. 45.50, SR 95.01.
- KL Rahul has made the number five position his own: 19 inns, 781 runs, avg. 52.06, SR 98.73.
- Mohammed Siraj was outstanding against Sri Lanka in the recent Asia Cup Final. His figures were 6/7 at one stage, before finishing with 6/21.
- Since the start of 2022, Siraj has taken 32 powerplay wickets at an average of 15.9.
- Mohammed Shami has the most wickets of any current player in IND-AUS ODIs (32) at an average of 34.71. He has dismissed Steve Smith thrice in 98 balls (107 runs) and David Warner thrice in 98 balls (97 runs).
- Mitchell Marsh smashed 194 runs at an average of 97.00 and strike rate of 131.08 against India earlier this year. Overall as ODI opener, Marsh has hit 265 runs at an average of 88.33 and strike rate of 129.90.
- Watch out for Siraj vs Marsh. Marsh has scored 43 runs off 29 balls against the pacer without dismissal.
- Steve Smith is crucial for Australia. The right-hander has an outstanding record against India (1,145 runs, avg. 57.25), which includes five fifties and five hundreds.
- David Warner also averages over 50 against India (1,013 runs). He has a magnificent record against Jasprit Bumrah: 112 balls faced, 102 runs scored, no dismissals.
- Adam Zampa had a difficult tour of SA. But, he has the class to bounce back. He has dismissed Shreyas Iyer twice in 38 balls in ODIs (31 runs) and Shubman Gill once in 11 balls (five runs).
- Josh Hazlewood has dismissed Shreyas Iyer thrice in 26 balls in white-ball cricket (once in ODIs, twice in T20s).
Other Stats and Facts
- Head-to-head: India 54, Australia 82, N/R 10.
- Ishan Kishan when opening in ODIs: 7 inns, 448 runs, avg. 74.67, SR 125.14.
- Ravindra Jadeja vs. Australia in ODIs: 36 inns, 30 wickets, avg. 58.66, SR 66.63. R Ashwin has similar numbers (16 wickets, avg. 49.06).
- Steve Smith vs. Jasprit Bumrah: 80 balls faced, 80 runs, one dismissal.
Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium Mohali Pitch Report and Weather
Mohali is typically a belter of a batting track. It was home to high scores in IPL 2023. The last ODI on this ground was back in 2019, where Australia chased 359.
A hot and dry day is forecast. The possibility of dew may prompt the captain who wins the toss to chase.
IND vs AUS 1st ODI 2023 Dream11 Picks
Note: The below teams are not based on the final playing XIs. We may not be able to update these in time. Use the stats and commentary in this article, as well as your own instincts, to create your teams.
IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction – Ideal team combination: 2-4-2-3
IND vs AUS 1st ODI Match Prediction – Who will win?
India start as favourites and should win.