NED vs AFG Dream11 Prediction Fantasy Cricket Tips Possible XI Pitch Report: ODI World Cup 2023 Match 34 | Lucknow Pitch Report
Players from both the Netherlands and Afghanistan camps will both have some amazing stories to share in the future about this World Cup. But, they won’t want the good times to end just yet. They meet in a tantalising clash at Lucknow in match 34 of this World Cup; a match that has big ramifications on the semi-final spots.
The Afghans, if they win today, will go level on points with Australia and New Zealand. The consensus throughout this World Cup by some parts of the media is that there hasn’t been a surprise element or story in this tournament, but stand up now if you had Afghanistan level with Australia and New Zealand by November 3. They have been outstanding, adding another string to their bow by chasing targets superbly against fellow Asian teams Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
But, the Netherlands won’t die wondering. They have shown both South Africa and Bangladesh that they can be dynamite when defending a total. With Scott Edwards batting and captaining the side well, you can be sure the Dutch won’t lie down with their semi-final hopes still alive. However, they need more from their indifferent top order.
ODI World Cup 2023 Match 34: NED vs AFG Possible Playing XIs
Roelof van der Merwe, who missed the Bangladesh game due to illness, could return for this game.
Netherlands: 1. Vikramjit Singh, 2. Max O’Dowd, 3. Wesley Barresi, 4. Colin Ackermann, 5. Scott Edwards (c & wk), 6. Bas de Leede, 7. Sybrand Engelbrecht, 8. Logan van Beek, 9. Shariz Ahmad/Roelof van der Merwe, 10. Aryan Dutt, 11. Paul van Meekeren
There is the possibility of Afghanistan playing four spinners at Lucknow. They went with that approach at Chennai against Pakistan.
Also, Ikram Alikhil dislocated his finger against Sri Lanka, so Najibullah Zadran may come in his place with Rahmanullah Gurbaz to take the gloves.
Afghanistan: 1. Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), 2. Ibrahim Zadran, 3. Rahmat Shah, 4. Hashmatullah Shahidi (c), 5. Azmatullah Omarzai, 6. Najibullah Zadran, 7. Mohammad Nabi, 8. Rashid Khan, 9. Mujeeb Ur Rahman, 10. Naveen-ul-Haq/Noor Ahmad, 11. Fazalhaq Farooqi
NED vs AFG Dream11 Prediction: Fantasy Cricket Tips
- Since the start of 2022, Scott Edwards has scored 1,261 runs at an average of 46.7 and strike rate of 94.7 in ODIs. This includes three half-centuries in as many matches against Afghanistan (208 runs, avg. 69.33).
- Edwards will have a key role to play against Rashid Khan. He has scored 40 runs off 54 balls without dismissal.
- Bas de Leede may be expensive in this World Cup, but he is a genuine wicket-taker. He has picked up 11 wickets in this tournament, part of 26 scalps in 2023. But, the Netherlands need runs from their star all-rounder, who averages just 19 in this campaign.
- Paul van Meekeren put on a clinic against the Bangladeshis. He took 4/23 in the big win for the Dutch.
- Aryan Dutt has a key role to play on a pitch that can provide turn. The offspinner has taken eight wickets in six matches in this World Cup at an impressive economy of 4.96.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz will be looking to bounce back after his duck against Sri Lanka. He was enjoying a good run of form before the last game, hitting 224 runs in five matches.
- Gurbaz scored a century in January 2022 against the Netherlands. He hit 103 (127) on a slow pitch at Doha.
- Rahmat Shah has found his form. The experienced right-hander has struck two straight half-centuries to help guide Afghanistan to wins. He also has a half-century in three matches vs Netherlands.
- Azmatullah Omarzai is a good pick for fantasy teams. The supremely talented all-rounder has taken five wickets in this World Cup along with 203 runs. His last innings was a superb 63-ball 73* against Sri Lanka.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman has taken seven wickets in three matches against the Netherlands. He can be a handful for the Dutch with his variations. Same with Rashid Khan, who has six wickets in three matches against the Dutch.
Other Stats and Facts
- Afghanistan beat Netherlands 3-0 in Qatar in January 2022. The Afghans won all three matches batting first, hitting 222, 237 and 254.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi has scored two half-centuries in three ODIs against Netherlands. He is also Afghanistan’s leading run-scorer in this World Cup with 226.
- Is a big score awaiting Ibrahim Zadran? The opener has made scores of 22, 22, 28, 14, 87, and 39 in his last six innings.
- Max O’Dowd is having a horror run in this World Cup, hitting just 61 runs in six innings.
- Logan van Beek has taken a wicket every 29.22 deliveries in this tournament.
Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow Pitch Report and Weather
The Lucknow track was very tricky for batting in the recent India-England clash. The seamers found movement and Kuldeep Yadav spun the ball significantly.
In four matches in this World Cup, the average first innings score is 252.75. Both the team batting first and second have won two games each. But, with spin available, setting a total may be the way to go.
A warm and mostly clear day is forecast with a top of about 31 degrees.
NED vs AFG Dream11 Prediction – Captain, vice-captain, team combinations
Note: The below teams are not based on the final playing XIs. We may not be able to update these in time. Use the stats and commentary in this article, as well as your own instincts, to create your teams.
NED vs AFG Dream11 Prediction – Ideal Team Combination: 2-2-3-4
ODI World Cup 2023 Match 34: NED vs AFG Match Prediction – Who will win?
Afghanistan, at Lucknow, should prevail in this match.